I’m at the training center, working hard with my new service dog, and better believe it, I cannot WAIT to tell you all about it!
But I can’t right now and I have about 50 million photos from what’s going on at home on the Lost Coast scattered around on Lightroom – so I thought this would be a good time to catch you up on some more doings there:
Other news from the Lost Coast:
Josie runs the Lost Coast Camp and Josie is also the mother of Moses, who has Down syndrome. She’s one of those women that are the glue and glitter of a community – they hold it all together and make it sparkle at the same time. Read more about Josie’s story here (- it’s pretty amazing in that goosebumps-on-your-arm way)
The Lost Coast camp helps gives kids in need scholarships, and operate generally on a shoestring budget as a nonprofit. They need help, and 2 really easy ways to help out are:
1. Shop AmazonSmile to Donate to Lost Coast Camp
- sign in to your amazon account first! Now:
- Type smile.amazon.com into your browser
- Look for the box that says “Pick Your Own Charitable Organization
- Type “Lost Coast Camp” there
- Select Lost Coast Camp, the one that is in Petrolia
- Now it will ask you if you want to install a plugin for your browser. Do it! It’s much easier to remember to use Amazon Smile if you have a little orange button on your web browser.
2. Support the Sun Salutations!
Josie and a few others are going to do 108 Sun Salutations on June 21st to raise money for the camp. Join! Donate! Support!
It’s all here on their CrowdRise
AND! If you live in the Bay Area and have a child over the age of 6, consider the camp and/or help spread the word about it – thank you!
Over and out: hope you are having a great week and thanks for giving the Lost Coast Camp your attention