Hey! I’m still at it!
Chugging away at the weight loss, one pound at a time. I had a rough go of it recently with one of my best friends coming to visit and we went The Ice Cream Route because really, that’s So. Much. Fun!! It was worth it, but like anything that’s a lot of fun but not so good for you, I had to wake up, wipe those doritos off of my backside and get back with the 21 Day Fix.
You might be hearing a lot about it? It seems like my own Facebook feed is full of it, but that might be because of Facebook’s “like” algorithm. Anyway. The 21 Day Fix: it is remarkably similar to the old school Weight Watcher’s Core Program. It’s like a big lasso, pulling you back into clean eating and moderate portions, but without gold stars, weigh-ins and meetings. (I liked those gold stars, so that part’s a bummer.)
The Concept: they give you these little boxes and you can eat a certain amount of food for each colour, based on your poundage and weight loss goals. Green stands for greens – haha, clever, huh! – and they give you a long list of all the greens that are allowed. You can fill that green box up a certain number of times a day, according to how much you weigh. Same goes for the yellow, blue, orange, and red boxes. I’ve learned already that that yellow box is the most fun – that’s the carb box, and the box that you substitute goodies with!
I’ve noticed that:
- it’s plenty of food. Noone is likely to get hungry following the 21 Day Fix
- it’s hard to keep track of how many boxes I eat in a day. I developed a spreadsheet for that and it really helps – I just check off how many of the boxes I’m using at a given time
- this is CLEAN, CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAN eating, y’all! I can make this work because I live in hippie crunchie granola land, but I’d feel sorry for someone trying to do this in say, the south or wherever it is they deep fry pickles
With the order of the boxes comes an exercise DVD. I follow it, and it’s not that hard to as they are all only 30 minutes long!
I exercise 5 days out of 7, I’d say. The plan calls for daily exercise but that just can’t happen sometimes for me. And that’s okay. I am a Humboldt Housewife and that means that my butt is moving all day around here anyway – if I’m outside working on my garden, it means I’m swinging a pick-axe into rocky soil and shoveling hard dirt like it’s mush. Or running after small children who either run UP hill or DOWN hill but either way, it equates A LOT OF EXERCISE for Mama.
This is the shake thing that BeachBody makes. I ordered the box with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry and thought the chocolate and strawberry were good and the vanilla was a good base for other stuff (- “disguiseable” in other words). I did notice a different right off the bat with it – it is filling, it tastes good enough, and it’s filling. It’s very low calorie and full of nutrients. And did I mention that it’s filling?!
My second box of it was the vegan chocolate and tropical strawberry and the tropical strawberry was just nasty! Ewwwww. The vegan chocolate isn’t much to write home about, either. So I’m going to stick to the mix of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, at least until we hit the road again and I can’t receive mail.
BeachBody sure does deliver them if you follow their plan.
I am staying pretty much with it and I’m and easy size 16 now (-started at size 22, remember), I have lost 20 lbs.
My goal is a size 6 and to lose 50 more lbs.
I’m pretty sure I can do this because I’m approaching it more as of a lifestyle change than as a “diet” – I have no idea how those 21 Day Fix coloured boxes are going to work when we hit the road, but I figure that I can guesstimate how much meat is in a taco (- red box), how much of a tortilla goes into a yellow box.
I still have over 20 views of this post EVERY SINGLE DAY, so I wanted to let you all know a few things:
- This program really does work if you follow it. Full stop.
- It’s super hard to untangle yourself from BeachBody, should you get a coach or become a coach (for the discount or otherwise). Be wary. I think it’s easier to just pay straight up for what you want. I have an affiliate account with them because like I said, this system works. I’ll vouch for it. Just not some of the company business practices. My affiliate link is here for the 21 Day Fix (which means you pay normal price for it, but they give me a share of their profit for referring you)