A Round-Up is in order for weeks like this:
This week there was a most awesome BabyLegs Giveaway. You can still enter, daily even. It closes next Tuesday. Get that Grab-Bag while you can! (BabyLegs even said they’d tailer it to your kid’s size and gender.)
I wrote of some more serious stuff this week in my post about Informed Choices. And Faith and Down Syndrome. Meaty topics. Others have written of these – and more – so please stop by the 31 for 21 Facebook Page (link’s on the sidebar) and blog browse. There are some truly beautiful stories out there.
Would you like to share your ‘Thin Place” sometime? Shoot me an email – doozeedad (at) gmail (dot) com.
1. My mother in law is in town! Micah and Moxie are getting a crash-course in French, some fierce Ba-Noi (“Grandma” in Vietnamese) love and hugs. Lots and lots of ’em.
2, I stayed up too late the other night because I discovered that netflix is indeed, captioned according to device. My roku player sucks. My iPhone does not. I cuddled up with it and went nuts, stayed up like a kid hot on MTV (back when MTV was midnight-only – remember that?!).
Despite walking around like a bleary sleep-deprived 12-year-old, I’m deeply happy about the captions. Really, really happy. Enough to do a little happy-dance-jive, right here, right now.
…and now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get back to eating that heaping plate of crow…
3. Winter garden is almost all seed-planted – more, much more on that later. But of course.
4. Micah is obsessed with costumes. I thank my lucky stars that I got a boy that seems to LIVE for dress up. That sounds kind of bad, doesn’t it.
My Favorite Photo That I Took This Week:
It’s this one. And the other one that I’ll post on Sunday.
It’s Disability History Week right now – and I thought this site was interesting
A Good and Perfect Gift Giveaway:
Random.org says that my copy of “A Good and Perfect Gift” will be mailed out pronto to Team Lando. YAY!
The Parents Blog Award Thing:
doozeedad got 84 votes! And had 84 “followers” on Google Friend Connect at the time of voting. That’s like every single reader voted for the blog and dang but that gives me the love.
I’m going to completely stay out of your hair about stuff like that for a good long while, promise. I also promise that if I ask you to vote for something again, it’ll be for something you don’t have to register for. Once-click kinda deal. Cross my heart.
I’m still enthralled. My favorite app (s) o’ the week:
- JotNotPro (not free but I was able to send a fax directly from the phone!!)
- Firefox: SAVES ALL MY BOOKMARKS from the laptop. Gold. I’ve had the system crash so many times that the only thing I worry about now is the loss of my bookmarks (I can’t use delicious because of Firefox incompatibility and that’s just a long boring sentence in and of itself, isn’t it?)
- Google Voice. I’m smitten! Set up the account (I got a google number but if I had the stomach to deal with the system, I could have used my current cell phone number). I can make and receive calls for free – I can also – get this – have my messages transcribed!! YES! For FREE!!! Say what you will, I *heart* google
What are yours?
That’s the round up, I guess I’ll head on out now – oh – WAIT – what’s that? Oh, it’s Moxie! You have something you want to say, honey?
|check this out! (jam, jam, jam)|
|you want me to play it again?|