In This Post You Will Find:
A Day in the Life with Down syndrome is brushed off, up and running again. We’re back and committed to helping gather our community stories, photos, videos, slices of life, along with resources and general post content related to Down syndrome.
Pretty awesome, right?!!
There are 4 main sections with the “A Day in the Life” Project: Instagram, Blog Posts, Videos, and Testimonials. Let’s talk a little about each, because you can submit content and have it published on this site for all four categories.
We are @lifewithDs on Instagram. If you add the hashtag #lifewithDs to your photo on Instagram, it will show up in our slideshow here.
Select photos are re-grammed on Facebook.
Hashtagging your photos #lifewithDs is the easiest way to participate in this project.
2. Blog Posts
Send us the complete text of your blog post, with photos – Word format is preferred but not necessary. You can write it out on Note or pretty much any application. Large photos (1500×500 or larger) that are watermarked are also preferred as they show up much better on the site. So, in a nutshell, what we need from you to create an awesome blog post for you:
- Your post, exactly as you want it. A Word doc file is good, or just plain text.
- The title of your post
- Your name
- The photo that you want featured
- If you want photos in your post, please make sure you add them to the Word doc, or make it clear where you want them if you attach them to the email separately
- Any links that you’d like to share in addition to the post – social media, blog, site, etc.
The contact form is below to get started with it. You can also email us your post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a video or part of a video to share? Awesome! Upload it to YouTube and send us the embed code and a photo to go with the post. We’ll put it right up.
These are exclusively by people with Down syndrome. Please share a paragraph or so about your life – what you enjoy, what your life is like, please share something that you would like the world to know. Include a photo of yourself, your name and age if you can and send it to: email@example.com – or through the comment form below.
You Can Do ALL or Just ONE!
You really don’t need to do some big, grand video project documenting a day in the life of someone with Down syndrome (although that would be amazing and awesome and we’d love to see it and help post and promote it!).
People are busy. Technology is crazy. We get it.
So just do what you can.
- Tag a photo on Instagram – #lifewithDs – or
- Send us a post from your blog that you wrote 5 years ago and you love and would love to share on a different platform (send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or message our page on FB
- Share a piece of some advice (hard-won or not) – we’ll post it in our “General Posts on Down syndrome” section here
- Something else? Hey, we’re open!
This is about sharing our stories, lives, advice, resources. It’s about connecting with our global Down syndrome community. Please join!