It’s Friday. Let’s laugh a little. Or rather, how about all of you preparing to attend to the NDSC Convention laugh a little while you get ready for the weekend (I’m still bitter because they wouldn’t accept my volunteer/scholarship request – they.don’t.want.me.unless. I.PAY!!! ). Those of us staying at home… is there even an ‘us’? Anybody else not attending?- let’s hunker down with some funny movies or something to drown our pain.
Back to laughing- yes, let’s – there were some great e-cards floating around this week.
Like this one:
And this one, which made me cry from laughing so hard:
You know it: you are there with the cart thinking, whole-grain penne or vegetable fusilli?
– MOMMY MAC AND CHEESE!
– yes, yes, mac and cheese, we don’t need any (whole grain? vegetable? which one is cheaper?)
– BUT MOMMY I THINK WE NEED SOME AND THESE HAVE A VEGETABLE ON THEM!
– we really don’t need them, OH NO MOXIE! Moxie! Not all the boxes off the shelves! (grab the dang vegetable fusilli, who cares, it’s food)
I don’t know if I’d call this ‘funny’ or just a total face-palm/sigh:
(and let’s add “husband” to that, because I swear, the best way to get My One True Darling to pay attention to me is to sit down on the couch with a book)
I had to make phone calls this week, many of them to big places that played me some muzak and told me how important I am to them. THEY LIE!!!
(when I posted that to the facebook wall, I knew Serene would call me on that and she did!)
…and this one isn’t new. But let’s wrap this up on a high-note with one we all loved, shall we?!
Have a great weekend! Oh, and:
1. All of these ecard/memes were posted on the facebook wall – “like” it and you’ll get them in your feed when I find and post….well, maybe you will: facebook want me to pay for people to see what I post on the wall – so they are deliberately hiding some posts after a certain count has been reached – unless the post gets moved by you (that is, shared, commented upon, etc).
The other way around it is if you click the arrow at the top of any post in your newsfeed, then make sure you are ‘subscribed‘ and not just that but ‘to all posts’. If that part isn’t checked, you bet your bottom dollar that you are missing stuff because facebook has gone public; they need money; they want us with pages to PAY to have people see what we post!
2. Week in Review is coming tomorrow. It’ll be good. Stay tuned.
3. NDSC’ers? No salt in my wound please. Hold the stories on how awesome it all was until I’ve licked my bruised ego clean.
Meriah Nichols is a counselor. Solo mom to 3 (one with Down syndrome, one on the spectrum). Deaf, and neurodiverse herself, she’s a gardening nerd who loves cats, Star Trek, and takes her coffee hot and black.