In This Post You Will Find:
- Enabling closed captions on Zoom:
- Enabling Captions On Your Own Personal Zoom Account:
- Enabling Zoom Captions for Your Group
- Enabling the Captions for Your Use While You Are Using a Company Zoom Account
- Starting closed captioning in a meeting
- Entering closed captions as a participant
- Using closed captioning in Zoom breakout rooms
- Desktop client
- Mobile app
- Automatic Captioning vs. CART Captioning vs 3rd Party Live Captioning
If you are enabling captions for your own account, this first paragraph is all you need.
Enabling Captions On Your Own Personal Zoom Account:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal
- In the navigation panel, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Click the Meeting tab.
- Verify that Closed Caption is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, click Turn On to verify the change.
- (Optional) If you want to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm the setting.
- Look for the “Live Transcript” option because that clicks it all on
Note: Make sure your version fo Zoom is the most up to date!