Most people who are beginning to be interested in all kinds of earnings on the Internet, sooner or later come to the understanding that it is rather difficult to do it without your personal blog. Your blog or website is simultaneously an independent type of earnings, and at the same time, a special additional marketing tool that allows you to achieve much greater results in almost any other Internet project.
Why Do You Need a Personal Blog?
If you have your own internet resource, you can earn on it. Within your resource, you can have affiliate programs, selling links, publishing promotional materials, placing ad units, earning on clicks and so on. You can also create your own blog posts just to promote some of your business project, or your information products. And blogging in and of itself is fun!
How Exactly Can a Blog Make a Profit?
The most basic way to earn money on the Internet is advertising. You can post links to thematic notes or articles on your blog, leave descriptions to the goods of online stores, or you can place advertising windows and banners for each click on which the customer will pay you a certain amount of money.
How to Create a Profitable Blog
Creating a profitable blog can be a lot of work and it can also cost a lot to set up – both in time as well as money. Content creation is also time consuming, but if this is something you enjoy, then blogging could be a fantastic choice for you, as the work won’t feel like “work” – “do what you love and love what you do,” right?!
Correct Domain and Hosting
The choice of hosting and domain should also be taken seriously. The download speed of the blog, its constant accessibility for readers, and other technical factors will depend on your hosting.
There are a few tips for choosing the right hosting.
- Test the work of technical support and quality of service.
- Read reviews, but not on the hoster’s site, but on third-party resources. Reading the reviews, pay attention to those that talk about the speed of the servers, the availability of the Blog, technical support answers, and the availability of automatic backup.
And remember, everyone has the right to make a mistake, and even if you do not like hosting, you can easily change it in the future, which cannot be said about the domain.
How to choose a domain
- The domain for the Blog must be only the second level
- If possible, the domain name should be short and memorable
Choosing a template for WordPress Blog involves deciding on what you want from the template and what it should contain initially and what is unnecessary. For starters it’s better to choose the simplest template and then, as necessary, to supplement it with various functions using plugins or scripts.
The main thing when choosing a template is its usability, mobile and social media integration. Usability means that a visitor can easily find the right button or article.
How to Find Your Blog Thematics
- Step 1. Make a list of your interests.
- Step 2. Write down two or three ideas near each interest.
- Step 3.Turn ideas into online projects.
Sites and blogs are a modern and fast way to communicate with people. A blog is the best way to show and prove your expertise in any field. It’s easier to make a website with photos than to organize a photo exhibition, it’s easier to organize a blog than to publish an article in a printed magazine, etc. And most importantly, your reader will easily find you. How does the idea turn into an online project? It depends on the idea itself, almost everything can be represented in the form of an Internet project. Looking at the ideas themselves, we have almost nothing to say about their implementation, except as “It would be great to do it!”. To get to the action, gather as much information as possible.
Step 4. Analyze projects
- SWOT Analysis. For each idea write out its Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Then we connect S + O, W + T, S + T and W + O. Here the main thing is to be more careful and not get confused. SWOT analysis is an extremely useful tool and helps to reveal what is not noticeable at first sight.
- The Mind-map. This is rather a method of not analysis, but a description of the idea and its components. This method differs in fewer details, but more visibility. It is applicable in place of lists and in order to draw up a general idea of the subject.
- Omega mapping. This is also a very good way to study the material. We get a big picture of the three components: the map of the project (the Mind-Map), the goals we want to come to (omega), and the ways to achieve them (joining the left and right parts).
- Fishbone. This tool is somewhat similar to the previous one, we draw a fish skeleton, and in the head, we write a shortly desired result, or a problem, then on the bones of the spine we write down the thoughts arising on the topic and we get a solution or conclusion to the tail.
- Question answer. This is a written practice in which you are both a questioner and an expert at the same time. Asking ourselves questions and answering them in writing, we get a consistent presentation of the topic. Next, we carefully write down for each topic everything that is not covered: abstracts, lists, basic concepts and keywords.
Step 5. Investigate the results of the analysis.
We carefully review the records and select the project for which more material was collected. This project is ready to a greater extent than all the others. Why did this happen? Probably, you spent a lot of time thinking about it, and the way from the idea on paper to realizing it on the Internet will be the shortest.
The biggest bonus is that everything you wrote in the process of collecting and analyzing information can be used to build and fill a blog: create its structure and sketch the content plan.
Unique Content Wins
The most important thing in any site is its content, its information, which it provides to users. All this variety of information is commonly called content. It can be drawings, video, audio and, of course, text. First, about 80% of all aggregate information sites is text. And secondly, the text is the basis for website promotion on the Internet. All the rest, for example, external links, site linking, domain name optimization, playing with meta tags and HTML code is polishing a diamond called text content. And the most important note is that it should be unique text content.
How Uniqueness of Content Is Determined
Any search engine is a robot that works according to a strictly defined algorithm. Therefore, the uniqueness of the content on the site is evaluated formally; the sets of symbols that are already available on Internet resources with the text under study are compared. The degree of coincidence is estimated as a percentage. The unique text content of the site is a semantic set of words that have never been found anywhere else in such a combination.
Why Do You Need Unique Text Content
Formally, the visitor of the site is not interested in the uniqueness of the text. He is interested in getting as much useful information as possible for himself. And the criterion of utility in each case is different. For most web resources (commercial and information sites) it is informativeness. For some (entertainment web resources) it is fun. A reasonable combination of information and excitement will be perfect.
But for search engines, the uniqueness of content on the site is of paramount importance. It is thanks to this indicator that they basically rank the sites, that is, they form the SERP.
How to Write Unique Content
The great number of literature devoted to the creation of unique texts is written. And this issue should be devoted to a separate article, which would talk about the structure of text content for the site, the correctness of writing headlines and subtitles, peculiarities of selling text. But for the initial stage, it is enough to know general recommendations how to write an article to be ranked by search engines. This efficiency is provided by the combination: uniqueness + correctly selected and correctly placed keys.
How to Pick up Keywords
Of course, the keys are primarily determined by the topic. If your blog is about knitting, then the keywords should be on the topic. But the exact combination can be matched using the Google AdWords Keyword Planner (and to date, this is the best way).
How Many Keys Should Be in the Article?
It is believed that the optimal is 4-8 different keys with a total density of 6-7%. If the keys are above 10%, then it will be difficult to read with 95% probability, and the search engines will fine the site, reducing its position, rightly stating that this opus is written not for people, but for robots.
Write a quality unique text with keywords is a more difficult task. In this case, it makes sense to talk not about copywriting, but about SEO-copywriting, that is, about writing texts that are interesting for people, but also optimized for search engines
How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
The modern Internet has become much more legible, and now the targeted traffic to the blog is valued. Only where to get it from? These are typical situations when the site is comfortable, beautiful, with logical navigation, and the content is unique, informative, but there is no traffic.
Of course, you can invest some amount in the promotion of the resource. But this is not always acceptable, especially when the site is young. If you correctly refer to the promotion of the site, you can get a good amount of targeted traffic for free. Of course, we will have to spend our human resources.
First, get involved in an e-mail newsletter. This method for some time came out of standard ways to promote the site, but at the moment it returns and is even more popular. You can use special services. Next, you need to place a subscription form and invite visitors to subscribe to the newsletter. And do not forget that the text should be literate and interesting so that people do not unsubscribe from the newsletter.
When promoting a resource, you need to rely on the “human search”, that is, the search parameters that people usually type in the search box. Remember, you should not use any traps for search engines on your site. The right solution will be the generation of unique content. Write interesting texts with keywords, and then your traffic to the blog will constantly increase.
The promotion of the site through social networks is now gaining great popularity. Separately, you should highlight YouTube, a social network based on video content. Create groups and events in social networks; attract people to reading your resource. With quality and unique content, your site will soon be noticed by other, larger news sites. Think of articles and headlines that might interest them.
An easier way to increase traffic to a blog is to find contact with authors and bloggers, those portals that interest you and constantly leave meaningful comments on new publications.
Be sure to follow the competition sites. Analyze which categories are most popular. Learn what they do well. You can become a constant commentator for them, after that, it will be easier to entice traffic.
Exchange links with similar resources, in some cases it is easier to swing the resource with collective efforts.
These are simple tips how to increase traffic to a blog, following which you can raise the traffic of your site. However, remember that this will not happen immediately, but gradually the flow of visitors to your site will increase.
You Should Constantly Support Your Blog
Of course, first of all, you need to monitor the growth or decrease in the number of visitors and, if necessary, do everything possible to ensure that attendance increases. A variety of measures can be taken for this. Typically, if the blog topic is relevant to most visitors, the media files and pictures are unique and updated regularly, along with the content, then the attendance level should not fall. If this happened, then you can solve the problem with the help of a competent PR company, external links, and links in notes and articles.
And the Main Question About Money
Your profit from a blog depends on the number of your readers. However, you can earn a little and with a small number of your visitors. The main methods are described below.
- Auxiliary tools for earning on the blog can be the systems RotaPost and Gogetlinks. Study them carefully. You can earn by placing links to the portals of advertisers on your blog. If you are original, witty and unique in your texts, then earnings will grow. A very good way to earn money is by posting product reviews of advertisers. For this help, you can receive both money and worthy gifts from clothes and good cosmetics to vouchers to the resort. It’s best to choose advertisers who are close to the topic of your blog.
- If you managed to recruit an audience of regular readers, then you can post on your blog blocks with ads. Your ad unit must contain links whose content is selected based on the keywords in the blog. Visitors will click on the links, and you will be credited for this. Experienced bloggers are advised to start with AdSense, and then, with the involvement of more visitors, you can use another advertising network.
- Direct advertisers are also a way to earn money, but not as popular as the previous two. Nevertheless, there are still advertisers who want to place their banner on a suitable website. This is a great way to get a stable income and provide decent enough earnings from the blog.
Author: My name is Julie Bradlie. I’m a freelance writer. Deeply engaged in studying education topics. I have experience in writing works for famous media and educational blogs. I have my own blog on Studymoose.com. I also help students with writing essays and dissertations. I believe that the right choice of the topic is 90% success.